LITTLE FERRY, NJ, USA — August 2, 2022: Eventide is proud to announce the availability of Misha, a new type of instrument and sequencer that utilizes a unique, interval-based approach to playing and creating melodies.
Inspired by twelve-tone composition, Misha’s sequencer expands upon the tone row technique, allowing for new paths of spontaneous creativity. Modify sequences using some of the classic techniques such as PRIME (forwards), RETRO (backwards), or Inverted playback, or completely rearrange sequences in unpredictable and exciting ways.
Misha comes preloaded with a variety of scales ranging from typical Western scales, microtonal scales, scales that use just intonation, and everything in between. Additionally, two banks of user scales allow users to upload their own scales using the Scala format for further experimentation. Create a simple melody or sequence, change the key and scale, and manipulate the pattern into a whole new creation!
• Innovative 28HP Eurorack instrument/sequencer that utilizes a unique, interval-based approach to playing and creating melodies
• Make sound three ways via MIDI, control voltage (with three independent cv and t/g — trigger/gate — pairs), or outputting waveforms via the audio jack
• External control templates for MIDI and QWERTY keyboards
• 100 factory scales and additional slots for up to 100 user/custom scales (Scala support)
• Tone row-based sequencer inspired by the classic compositional technique used in serial music
• Comprehensive control of sequence playback to easily manipulate and expand upon musical ideas
• Create rhythmic variations using clock division
• 18 user presets
• cv inputs for external trigger/control sources
• clock input for syncing to external sources (with user-configurable PPQ settings)
• audio output for the internal oscillator
• Polyphony via three cv outputs or MIDI
• Micro-USB for easy firmware updates using Eventide Device Manager
• microSD card for saving/loading scales and settings
Misha is immediately available for $599.00 USD from Eventide and authorized dealers worldwide.
For more in-depth information about Misha, please visit its dedicated webpage here: https://etide.io/Misha
About Eventide (www.eventideaudio.com)
Since 1971, Eventide has remained at the forefront of recording technology. In 1975 they revolutionized the audio industry by creating the world’s first commercially available digital audio effects unit, the H910 Harmonizer®. Since then, their legendary studio processors, effects pedals, and plug-ins have been heard on countless hit records.
Eventide and Harmonizer are registered trademarks of Eventide Inc.
© 2022 Eventide Inc.